turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What should I do if Kansas sends me a tax bill that I don't owe?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Did you file a Kansas tax return?  Did you have a tax due? If you did, how did you pay it?  Some people think it was taken out of a federal refund.  But it can't be.   Or the state changed your return.  The letter should say what they changed.  Or you have to contact the state.

https://www.ksrevenue.gov/contactus.html 

We know nothing about your situation.   Are you a resident of Kansas?   If not, did you perform any work in Kansas or have other Kansas-sourced income?

you can either leave further details in this thread and we'll try to help or use Audit Defense

The Audit Defense service is provided by TaxResources, Inc., also called TaxAudit.com, in partnership with TurboTax. If you paid for Audit Defense and you received a notice, call TaxResources, Inc. at 877-829-9695, or report your notice on their website at http://intuit.taxaudit.com/. Do not contact the tax agency until you have spoken to TaxResources. They may contact them on your behalf. if you didn't sign up for it there will probably be a fee. 

TomD8
Level 15

The notice you received From KS should contain instructions on how to appeal, if you disagree with their decision.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies