Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

W2 Box 1 through 13 are in blank - Federal, Box 14, 15, 16, 17 have information - State

Hi Friends,

In which cases my employer gives me a W2 with the following information:

W2 Box 1 through 13 are in blank - Federal, Box 14, 15, 16, 17 have information - State

This  W2 must be reported

Thanks,

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

There are several reasons why W-2 boxes 1-13 may be blank. It's best to ask your employer.

You may have some income that is not taxable to federal but only to state. See I received a W2 from a former employer. Box 1 is empty. Box 13 has Retirement Plan checked. Box 15-1...

This may be a corrected W-2. If you received another W-2 from the same company, this could be corrected into. 

You may have worked in multiple states and this W-2 shows information for one state. A second W-2 will have your federal info and another state. See: Received two W-2 (NJ & NY) from same NJ company. I live in NY but work only in NJ. TurboTax can't e-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi ErnieS0,

First of all thank 🤗 you for your answer, and I have been reading the links you send me, and I have a question ... whatever the reason, it must be reported only in the state  system boxes (California), or there are some exceptions for not report it.

Do you have some particular reading or some other link.

Thank again,

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

To clarify, are you a California resident or did you work in California?

@elvia_fiorella 

Hi Dave,

Thank you for replaying.

I am resident from California. ... and as I asked 

Whatever the reason, it must be reported only in the state system boxes (California), or there are some exceptions for not report it.

are there some restrictions for California?

I would like to research more on the subject

Do you have some particular reading or some other link

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

If you would clarify what the data is in boxes 14, 16 and 17 that may help provide some direction.  You employer would be a great source of information on your W2.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies