Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cadynk93

I recieved a W2 from a former employer. Box 1 is empty. Box 13 has Retirement Plan checked. Box 15-17 has information.

Box 1-6 => empty

Box 15 => state i lived in after leaving company, not the state i was working in

Box 13 => "Retirement Plan" is checked

Box 16 => almost $700 (state wages, tips, etc)

Box 17 => $8 (state income tax)

I don't know what this is for. I did not make any contributions into my employers retirement plan, so this may just be employer contributions. Anyway, I can not e-file this becuase it has nothing in Box 1. 

What should i do here?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I recieved a W2 from a former employer. Box 1 is empty. Box 13 has Retirement Plan checked. Box 15-17 has information.

Sometimes your employer can't fit all the information onto one W-2 form or needs to correct only certain information, so you end up with an "incomplete" W-2 form to go with your "complete" W-2 form.  

To deal with this issue, add the additional information to the complete W-2 after you have entered it in TurboTax, so that they end up being treated as one W-2 in the software.

This will resolve your issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Do you have another W-2 for 2018 from the same employer?
cadynk93

Yes. I have another regular W2 from the same employer. they were a previous employer. Worked for them 2 years, and left middle of 2018.

Sometimes your employer can't fit all the information onto one W-2 form or needs to correct only certain information, so you end up with an "incomplete" W-2 form to go with your "complete" W-2 form.  

To deal with this issue, add the additional information to the complete W-2 after you have entered it in TurboTax, so that they end up being treated as one W-2 in the software.

This will resolve your issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies