icansaveyou

Received two W-2 (NJ & NY) from same NJ company. I live in NY but work only in NJ. TurboTax can't e-file because NY W-2 has blank in the box1. Do I need to delete NY W-2?

NJ W-2 looks like a normal W-2. However, NY W-2 has blank in box 1-13 and the box 14 says "FED W-2 DATA IS ON SEPARATE W-2" and the box 16,17 have wage amount little less than the NJ W-2.  Can I delete NY W-2 from TurboTax to do e-file via TurboTax? to avoid me from doing physical-paper-mail tax return report?

KarenJ2

You fix your entry for the "NY" W-2 that has only the state data and not the federal data, you need to go back to the" NJ" W-2 the "State & local taxes" section where you entered the NJ data.  Then, "Add another row" and enter the NY data for boxes 15, 16, and 17.

To get back to the W-2 section, click the "magnifying glass Search" icon, enter "w-2" in the search window and press return or enter, and then click on the "Jump to w-2" link to edit your W-2 for that job.

You will then need to delete the NY W-2.  

KarenJ2