Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

HHT
Level 2

Using Web Pay in California to electronically pay owed taxes

I have already electronically paid my CA taxes using their Web Pay system.  When I then filed my tax forms with Turbotax it requires me to specify that I will either pay with a check (which I'm not allowed to do) or with direct debit (which I have already authorized the FTB to do).  So how do I get past this point in the program to actually file my state taxes.  I'm thinking that I should tell it that I'll send a check but not actually do that.  There should be a third choice on this page that says that I have already paid the tax I owe and just to file the forms.  Any ideas?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

NO, you just indicate you will pay by check.  Then you just don't send it in.

....many people use the paper check option, but then just use the state website to pay by debit...that's fairly normal.

But....You shouldn't normally  set up payment until after you have actually filed, and had your e-file accepted.....though all the last minute filers are getting themselves in their own file/pay sequencing bind...

No, you don't have a way to indicate you already paid when you file.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

2 Replies

NO, you just indicate you will pay by check.  Then you just don't send it in.

....many people use the paper check option, but then just use the state website to pay by debit...that's fairly normal.

But....You shouldn't normally  set up payment until after you have actually filed, and had your e-file accepted.....though all the last minute filers are getting themselves in their own file/pay sequencing bind...

No, you don't have a way to indicate you already paid when you file.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
HHT
Level 2

Thank you, SteamTrain!  It confirms what I was thinking I would do and that's useful!.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies