Jarhead

TurboTax Business e-file CA Form 541 fiduciary return?

Does TurboTax Business have capability to e-file California fiduciary Form 541 tax return?  

DavidD66

No. You can use TurboTax Business to prepare California Fiduciary returns, but they are print and mail only - no e-file.

DavidD66

rwilsond

Why is this DavidD66?  The CA-FTB website has the following statement: "Fiduciaries are able to e-file FTB Form 541, California Fiduciary Income Tax Return, for this year and the past two tax years." Is this a lacking feature of TurboTax, or is it not permitted by the state? 

DMarkM1

E-filing of fiduciary forms is allowed by CA, but not supported in TurboTax.  

BridgeHall555

Not to hijack this thread but I’m following up on it due to it being one of the few related to a big problem for me with no resolution. I am reinstalling 2015 Business Turbo Tax due to a Windows upgrade where I wiped my old OS and drive. Although I purchased the California Fiduciary (CA Form 541) download in the past, it went straight to my computer via download as by default it downloads through the program. I didn’t log into the TurboTax site to download the copy there for archive purposes and Intuit has purged it.  The program doesn’t allow me to download another copy and Intuit claims they don’t have any copies. Because participants on this thread are discussing CA Form 541, I am wondering if anyone who was savvy enough to download it and save the California software would be kind enough to share it with me. I have the TurboTax Program but without the CA state software, the whole thing has become useless!

moniauber

Paying $54.99 for CA Form 541 and it cannot even be E-Filed, not to mention how much I had to pay for the Business CD,  not at all happy with Turbo Tax.  

iOne

This appears to be true for 2021 as well.  Sucky.  I sincerely hope a competitor to TurboTax emerges.