turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dwr1

How do i delete ca form 3554 from ca income tax form?

I need to delete California Income Tax form 3554 "New Employment Credit" form.  It won't allow me to just delete it.  The form doesn't apply to me.  How did it get there.  Did I answer previous question wrong?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How Form 3554 was populated and how to remove:

Most likely what happened is when you got the portion of your CA state return that says " Credit and Taxes" if you scroll down the page there is a section called "Credit Recapture" and right underneath it says, “New Employment Credit Recapture. Learn More". Clicking start on this portion brings you to a screen that says, “New Employment Credit Recapture". Here you will see "where it says "New Employment Credit Recapture" and there is a box where there must have been a figure inserted, most likely "0" if you did not need this credit. Putting a figure in that box automatically populated that form causing it to now give you errors on the State Return review asking numerous questions about form 3554. Unfortunately, at this point you cannot go to delete a form or even go back to that box and remove the "0" as the only thing that will work is deleting your CA State return and starting over this time making sure that you do not go into the "New Employment Credit Recapture" by selecting start next to it if you do not need to fill out form 3554.

For instructions on how to delete your state return in TurboTax Online please see the TurboTax FAQ below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301384

For additional information on Form 3554https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2014/14_3554bk.pdf

View solution in original post

52 Replies
West66

Recommended answer is not correct. On Turbo Tax Home and Business 2017, you can remove the form using the following method: Click Easy Step button in upper left corner. Then "Open Form" icon. Enter 3554. Form shows up (it's not listed on the lift, but it shows in main window). Go to Turbo Tax menu: "Forms"Select "Remove Form 3554", Warning pop up window shows. Confirm deletion of Form 3554

this does not work!!!!!the form continues to pop up   this website is not user friendly at all

I deleted my CA state return and redid the return and did not select any of the credits since I did not qualify for them.  Ended that page with that I was finished. Unfortunately, it is still is coming with the error on CA form 3554. How do I resolve / remove this form so I can file my taxes?
slotlikar

what can I do If I have already paid for the state

me too! what can i do if have already paid for the state?

I have submitted a request for live CPA or EA to respond - wait is 1 hour. Will post once I find out more.

Weird...haven't heard back and tried to schedule another session and now it states that experts are booked until the deadline and to file an extension.
Not too happy with that response.  We will see if I get a call back.

We had the same situation and we were able to figure it out. Find the icon that says "FORMS" click on it and hen scroll down to where it says "California Forms" then click on that. It will drop down all the forms for the state of California. Scroll to find "Form 3554" select and then press the delete button on your keyboard. it will ask if you want to delete. press yes and then it will get rid of it. After that go back to your taxes and you'll be fine!  *I do not know if this works online as we bought the Turbo Tax CD*

Thanks for the suggestion. I could not find the "forms" online. I ended up printing my CA return and will mail it. Interesting enough "Form 3554" did not print but wrote a note about this TT error on my return.

How Form 3554 was populated and how to remove:

Most likely what happened is when you got the portion of your CA state return that says " Credit and Taxes" if you scroll down the page there is a section called "Credit Recapture" and right underneath it says, “New Employment Credit Recapture. Learn More". Clicking start on this portion brings you to a screen that says, “New Employment Credit Recapture". Here you will see "where it says "New Employment Credit Recapture" and there is a box where there must have been a figure inserted, most likely "0" if you did not need this credit. Putting a figure in that box automatically populated that form causing it to now give you errors on the State Return review asking numerous questions about form 3554. Unfortunately, at this point you cannot go to delete a form or even go back to that box and remove the "0" as the only thing that will work is deleting your CA State return and starting over this time making sure that you do not go into the "New Employment Credit Recapture" by selecting start next to it if you do not need to fill out form 3554.

For instructions on how to delete your state return in TurboTax Online please see the TurboTax FAQ below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301384

For additional information on Form 3554https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2014/14_3554bk.pdf

ederojas

HOW CAN I ELIMINATE THE FORM FTB3354 FROM MY TURBO TAX RETURN

hillarypageive
Returning Member

It was hard but I figured out how to delete. I'm on Deluxe Desktop, downloaded from online. I'm on a Mac.

Get into the view with the list of forms on the side of the screen. (Not in Easy Step mode).

The form I cared about didn't show up in the lefthand list. So I clicked "Open Form," and a search box appeared. Select "California" from the dropdown, otherwise it won't appear. Search for the form number. (Again, won't appear if I didn't select "California" first, which is terrible.) 

The form will open.

Then, go to the menu bar at the top of my Mac (not within Turbotax). Click "Forms." Click "Remove Form." 

Tracey2

the solution is here

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/discussion/3554-new-employee-credit-form/00/592150

I went to top toolbar and chose "View" >> "Forms".

I scrolled down the list to the form: it was 'in error' status.

Select the form, then the form appears on the right side.  on the right window pane, look down along the bottom of the window.  You will see "delete form" option.  select button and form is toast.

almostfm

Tracy,

That solution does not work if you have the online version.  There is no "top toolbar" on the online version.  In fact, none of the listed solutions work, including the one suggesting deleting the state return and reentering, if you're using the online version and have already paid for the state form.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies