turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aakidd42

State Tax acceptance

TurboTax filed my federal and state returns the same day.  My federal has been accepted (2/10/21),  but there is no information on my state.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

State Tax acceptance

I have same problem Both Fed & NYS e filed Sunday 2/14. Fed accepted within a few hours. Still waiting for NYS acceptance

State Tax acceptance

@ aakidd42  and @ rickn47 

It's unpredictable.   After a Federal return has been accepted, a state return can take a few hours, or up to a couple of days, or even up to several days before it's accepted/rejected. It is a completely different tax agency from the Federal (IRS), and each state moves at it's own pace.  And it's usually bogged down a bit after the IRS first opens up for the season, since a lot of state returns which have been backlogged are then suddenly released to the state tax agencies.

You should get an email when the state return is accepted/rejected, or you can check at anytime by looking at your Tax Home.  If it was successfully efiled, the Tax Home should currently show it as "pending" until it is accepted/rejected.  So be sure and check your Tax Home to be sure it was successfully efiled.

State Tax acceptance

Thanks for the info. This is the 1st. year state acceptance has taken this long.

State Tax acceptance

@ rickn47 wrote:

Thanks for the info. This is the 1st. year state acceptance has taken this long.

Unfortunately no one is going to have any firsthand info.  It's all anecdotal at this point with various users reporting like you did in this community forum.  There's always uncertainty every year when the IRS first opens the floodgates.   There's not anything you can do with a return that has a status of "pending" anyway.   Hopefully, it will be accepted soon for you.  Good luck.

Jmmo21

State Tax acceptance

I am having the same problem trying to file my Wisconsin Corporate return.  TurboTax keeps asking me to go to the online tab and check for updates which I do.  When I try to resubmit I get caught in a loop which asks again for me to check for updates.  In speaking with TurboTax they were not able to determine what the problem is.  The Federal return was accepted with no trouble.  Hope this is corrected soon as we are required to e-file that return.  Anyone else from Wisconsin having this same issue?

State Tax acceptance

@Jmmo21 wrote:

I am having the same problem trying to file my Wisconsin Corporate return.  TurboTax keeps asking me to go to the online tab and check for updates which I do.  When I try to resubmit I get caught in a loop which asks again for me to check for updates.  In speaking with TurboTax they were not able to determine what the problem is.  The Federal return was accepted with no trouble.  Hope this is corrected soon as we are required to e-file that return.  Anyone else from Wisconsin having this same issue?

That's a different problem.  The above users have successfully efiled their state returns, but are awaiting an acceptance/rejection notice.   It sounds like you haven't even transmitted the state return yet due to that loop.

There was a similar situation last year with some users encountering a state update-efile loop.  TurboTax provided a state cleanup utility that allowed a re-download of the state program which solved the problem for users.   However, I don't know for sure if that FAQ is still the same for tax year 2020.    I'm a fellow user and community forum helper and don't work for TurboTax.   I've currently messaged TurboTax to see if there are any changes in the instructions for tax year 2020.   

If you want to try it, the instructions are in the FAQ below.   I've never used it, so I assume you have to redo the state return after using the cleanup tool.  Or if you want to speak by phone with TurboTax Support first,  I've also posted below how you can contact them.

FAQ: State install/e-file update loop: State not installed after installation or TurboTax needs to update prior to e-file

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/state-loop-indicates-turbotax-is-up-to-date-after-...

Or to get a phone number for TurboTax Support you can use this contact form:

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

State Tax acceptance

I have the same issue with the Wisconsin Corp. Taxes

Bolse12
Returning Member

State Tax acceptance

i cant find my state refund

Bolse12
Returning Member

State Tax acceptance

in the same situation no response of my state taxes.

State Tax acceptance

@ Bolse12 wrote:
I can't find my state refund

in the same situation no response of my state taxes.

Please explain what that means.   We don't know what your situation is.

Did you efile a Federal return, and if so, has it been accepted?

And what is the story on your state return/refund?

And what state?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies