Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

straitline
Returning Member

State Download is not working

Turned out TN did away with their state interest and dividend Hall tax in 2021 so I do not need to download a state tax any more.  TurboTax should stop asking to download a TN tax form.

Is there one for 2021?

this clean up is for 2020 and I'm having this issue with TT Business 2021

jcl9625
Returning Member

This is for TT Home and Business 2021.  I prepared and e-filed federal, ID and CO for my daughter.  All were accepted wit no issues.  Then because of computer problems, I had to uninstall and reinstall TT 2021 Home and Business.  Now I no longer have the Colorado return.  I even paid for it even though it was supposed to be a free return and I still cannot finish my own return because I need Colorado.  I cannot even open the fedderal return.  So TT has been absolutely no help.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@socalchef00
@jcl9625

Please see the Help Article here for further assistance with this experience. 

In addition, for troubleshooting installation and running TurboTax for Windows, please see this Help Article

If this does not work for you, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The https://digitalasset.intuit.com/DOCUMENT/A2cXEOjjV/TTCleanStates_TY20.zip does NOT work for the 2021 TT Premier. It did wipe out the 2020 TT Premier state, so 2020 TT wanted me to pay $45 to re-download for 2020 TT.

When TTCleanStates.exe opens it shows 2020 only.

Has anyone resolved the 2021 TT state issue? It shows as the state as downloaded, but when you try to start the state it goes back to download again.

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

Please see this thread with a work around provided by the last person who posted a comment. If that work around doesn't work for you, please contact us at customer support so we can further assist you.

@NotAHappyUser

After uninstalling, rebooting and re-installing 3 times, I tried something different.

1. I performed a system restore from a point before the TT install.

2. I installed 2021 TT Premier as administrator and exited without starting TT.

3. I re-started TT as administrator and let it update, then exited again.

4. Re-started TT as administrator, started a NEW return and did NOT import last years info.

5. Skipped to the state return and saw my AZ state was already there. Clicked on start state return and it worked!!

Hope this works for others. This is the first year I've had this issue and the first year I used the online download for NewEgg TurboTax Premier. Normally I get the retail CD.

I had a problem with State not downloading.  I went to download, but it would update instead of downloading. TurboTax was obviously stuck in an update loop.  I turned off the auto update in the menu at the top.  That worked for me.

skttax19

Tried all recommended ways, but state tax is still in a loop.

1. Ran state cleanup too

2. reinstalled in default location 

3. ran in selective startup 

uninstalled and reinstalled each time.

No success. State tax portion does not work.

Cant find a way to talk to intuit support. Keeps looping me to this suggestion which is not working for me.

What do I do next?

jcl9625
Returning Member

I messaged Turbo Tax through their fb page and finally got the problem solved.  I would send the exact message you sent me to them through fb.  After I tried everything you tried without success, they gave me a case number and web address to download the states again.  Good luck.  Let me know if this works for you.

jcl9625
Returning Member

This is the message I received….after many earlier ones….that finally solved the state download for me.     “Hey Ruthann. Thank you for your patience! Order number SFDCCA159052844 is now available for you to download. Here are instructions on how to reach this download here: https://intuit.me/3ij1dBi

Please let me know once you are able to do that. Thank you so much! -Andrea”

Your answers don't work. When I call your number, the robot can't understand my issue (the state return won't install) and won't connect me with a human.

Instructions don't work, and when I call the robot can't understand me enough to connect me with a human.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

For further assistance with this matter, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible. Also, please use the key word "technical support" when asked what you are needing assistance with.  

@bigmax9999

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Followed the link, got a 'renew WinZip' for 49.95. Do not know what I am going to do. I get "please wait' when I click on proceed then nothing.

Back to Tax Act next year!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies