turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kentucky State Tax Error

When doing the review to e file an error popped up? It said I had an error of a missing EIN or SSN for the dependent care credit and was not eligible to e file. However, I did not claim this credit and it never offered me an option to correct it. I have been through everything multiple times now and can't find it anywhere. What can I do so I can e file this return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

283 Replies
Klwalsh

Kentucky State Tax Error

I'm having the same issue. I'm following to see if TurboTax resolves this issue.

Kentucky State Tax Error

I am also receiving the same message and have not claimed dependent care and can find no place to remove or fix the issue.  Also tried adding and removing information for Child and Dependent Care on the federal return, form 2441, and deleting form 2441 after as well as fully removing and adding the state return.  When attempting to select the option to fix the errors, the process just cycles unless continue is selected.  Then, electronic filing is not available.

Edit:  It appears that support is aware and working to resolve the issue.

Edit:  Resolved

Thanks TurboTax!

pgj100

Kentucky State Tax Error

I'm having same issue.....  How do we report the problem to Turbotax?

Kentucky State Tax Error

I am having same issue no dependent care but cannot fix in system it keeps cycling in complete check need contacted. 

rynomeade
Returning Member

Kentucky State Tax Error

Same issue as well. 

Kentucky State Tax Error

I am having same issue and I honestly changed nothing but total income, tax withheld. I was able to file electronically with KY last year with turbo tax. I hope it is resolved soon. 

Kentucky State Tax Error

Same issue here.  Hoping Turbo Tax can identify and fix.

Kentucky State Tax Error

Same issue for me.  I do not have any dependent care providers and was never prompted to enter or exclude this information.  The error message just popped up on final check blocking the e-file.  Hoping turbo tax resolves this issue promptly so we can e-file and complete the returns.  

Kentucky State Tax Error

having same problem

Kentucky State Tax Error

Has anyone contacted turbotax support to open a complaint?

Kentucky State Tax Error

I can't find an email address. do we have to call?

Kentucky State Tax Error

Same issue, I reached out to them by phone. And after 20 minutes the Lady told me that is the E-File option was not there then she guesses I will have to file by Mail. Glad to see I'm not the only one having the issue.  Here is the phone number I called. Maybe if some of you call and report the issue they will fix it.  

1 8 8 8 - 7 7 7 - 3 0 6 6

Ma96
Level 1

Kentucky State Tax Error

I also have this same issue

kyant

Kentucky State Tax Error

Same problem here. States that I don't have a SSN or EIC for dependent care providers but I did not claim any dependent care expenses.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies