turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

k-1 out of state

I have a K-1 from California and live in Oregon.  So when doing the California taxes it asks how much money I made in California...I'm assuming I need to enter the money I earned from properties my family owns in California.

When looking at the 568 it shows:

Line (10a) Total gain under irc section 1231:  9,623 for (b) amounts from federal schedule 1065 and 9,623 from (c) california adjustments.  When adding those together it is 19,246 for (d) total amounts using california law.  So is 9,623 the amount to write in or would it be 19,246?  Or am I completely wrong?

thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

k-1 out of state

You would enter the income applicable to California when asked about the income you made in California.

Column (b) on your form 568, schedule K is the total gain as reported on your federal return. The number in column (c) is what is needed to adjust the total gain to the gain applicable to California, which is the amount in column (d).

If you answer the questions in TurboTax correctly, your will see the gain applicable to California in column (d).  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

k-1 out of state

you need to complete the CA return (non-resident) before you complete the Or return. this way you should get the proper credit on the Or return for the income taxed by both states.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies