turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Issue with NJ tax return

I got the same message. It is very annoying. If everything wasnt ready then turbo shouldnt have given the impression it was ok to file. 

AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

Issue with NJ tax return

Frustrating but Turbo Tax can not release any forms until they are approved by Federal and state governments. Governments can take months to approve forms.  Please follow this NJ state link for the most recent information that we have. Once NJ publishes a form, Turbo Tax works fast and hard to get it into our system quickly.

In addition, the IRS is not yet accepting returns and is still finalizing many of their forms. The IRS does not begin accepting returns until January 28.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Issue with NJ tax return

also having this issue. if TurboTax could send out an email alert when this update is available or this issue is resolved it would be extremely helpful.

Issue with NJ tax return

How will we now when its finalized?

AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

Issue with NJ tax return

Unfortunately, all we can do is keep checking that link. Once a date appears, the state should release it then and Turbo Tax can start working to add it to the program. Sometimes, the government will post a date and then be late. Once we see a date, progress is clear and coming.

Issue with NJ tax return

Seriously. They took my money for it and can’t file my return. That’s pretty messed up. 

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Issue with NJ tax return

You can file your return, just not yet.  The New Jersey taxing authority has not yet finalized the healthcare forms.   Your return is safe on the TurboTax website and will be able to be submitted as soon as the form is finalized.   Neither the IRS nor the state of NJ are accepting returns yet, so keep checking back and know that you will be able to file your returns.  

Issue with NJ tax return

What line are we looking for because healthcare shows it’s available for efile

Issue with NJ tax return

What line are we looking for because healthcare shows it’s available for efile

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Issue with NJ tax return

The New Jersey healthcare question is answered on Line 52 (Shared Responsibility Payment) of Form NJ-1040.  This requirement is new for 2019 in New Jersey.   

I have attached a copy of the instructions for your reference.

New Jersey Health insurance - Shared Responsibility Payment

Issue with NJ tax return

I was speaking more about the state link that Amy posted in regards to checking when the state will be updated. I already have a exemption number and just want to complete my taxes

Issue with NJ tax return

Hello, 

I have technical difficulties to eFile my Tax report. System says missing worksheet L. when we can expect resolution?

AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

Issue with NJ tax return

Turbo Tax is waiting on NJ to finalize those forms. You can check  this link for NJ forms. Once NJ finalizes the form, Turbo Tax will work  quickly to incorporate it. Federal filing does not begin until January 28, 2020. We can only hope NJ is done before then.

@Aidarkhan

Issue with NJ tax return

I completely agree

i am so upset right now.

i received daily messages from turbo tax “file now” “file now” for weeks. When I do ally do it- they aren’t prepared?! The forms are released! Non turbo tax accountants have Them, and you can print it out online.

its turbo tax that is behind and unprepared!!! 

Issue with NJ tax return

1. There are early filers- which means turbo tax is keeping people from being early filers. Which means even if the irs isn’t accepting until Jan 28, we will be the ones to suffer and not get our taxes returned in a timely fashion.

2. The forms are approved and prepared! It’s turbo tax that is not! It’s forms that can be printed online, it’s forms that accountants have... etc. it’s turbo tax that isn’t prepared! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies