turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I payed State tax the first two months of 2019, but it is not shown on my 2019 W-2

I payed State tax of the first two months in 2019 by myself, I have the confirmationn number, but it is not shown on my 2019 W-2.   So when I finished my 1040 form, it  shows I still need to pay the first tow month tax which I had already payed,   What I should do?  how to fix this problem,  Thanks a lot.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I payed State tax the first two months of 2019, but it is not shown on my 2019 W-2

How did you pay it?  If it's not on your W2 you need to get a corrected W2 from your employer.  But it sounds like you sent it in yourself directly to the state?  You need to enter it as an estimated payment.

To enter Federal or State Estimated Taxes Paid, including a state estimated payment made in January for the prior year, go to

Federal on left or at top.  Personal (Home & Business)

Deductions and Credits at top

Then scroll way down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid

Estimated Taxes - click the Start or Update button

You enter state estimated payments under the federal side (because they can be a federal itemized Deduction).  THEN after you finish filling out the estimates under Federal you need to click on the State Tab at the top and start the state return over for it to update.

You have to pick the right state from the drop down box and enter the right payment dates.

It is exacalty what I need, my problem resolved so quickly, I had submit my 1040 form.  Thanks a lot. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies