turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gisiordia

I completed my taxes but the state of CA says they were not filed?

My IRS taxes were accepted already but the state of CA says no return was ever filed with them and it says pending on my turbo tax
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

If your state tax return is pending then that is because California has not yet started to pull state tax returns from the servers.

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Why would they delay pulling returns from their servers? 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

The processing of state refunds varies from state to state. California FTB may not have started processing returns just yet or are delayed due to a backlog of returns from early filers. Please see Why is my state e-file still pending? for additional information. To track the status of your state return, please see How do I track my state refund?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It can take as much as week when tax season first opens.

Can an employee of TurboTax please check to see if the State of California has begun pulling returns from the Turbotax servers?  So many Californians are in a "Pending" status when we check our efile status in TurboTax.   For example, my Federal was Accepted on 2/11/21, but California still says "Pending" .  Please Turbotax, please check to see if California has begun pulling California returns.  Thank you.....

California indicates it has been receiving efiles since Jan 4. 

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/tax-pros/efile/e-file-calendars.html

TurboTax does owe us an investigation and resolution. This isn't one of those customer support cases where you point to vague disclaimers. You sold us California efiling and it's been two weeks. Time's up, TurboTax. Figure it out and tell us what is going on

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies