turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

JAhlberg
Returning Member

Even after Federal efile accepted, michigan state efile not allowed stating "you must also select the federal return".

Same issue for Iowa

Even after Federal efile accepted, michigan state efile not allowed stating "you must also select the federal return".

Same with MA

Same here as well. I’m trying to efile my Illinois and Indiana state returns. 

reeves1220
Returning Member

It does not allow to file Montana either.

It's affecting a lot of people in a lot of different states.  The FAQ where one can sign up for notifications has had almost 3,000 views in 3 days.  There is no new info in the FAQ, but, hopefully, there will be more info about a possible "cure" soon.   TurboTax updates typically occur on Thursdays.  Whether that's the case for this issue, I don't know.  Hopefully, the FAQ will say at some point when to expect it.

FAQ: Why am I not able to e-file my state return after filing my Federal return?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-am-i-not-able-to-e-file-my-state-return-after-...

Same problem with my California Return, I'm stuck not being able to e-file because there is no option to when I go back to select the Federal Return.

error.jpg

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@JohnH1 Please review the FAQ provided by mesquitebean in the thread above; this way you can sign up for email notifications (if you have not already done so).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same for Arizona.

@Randy111 wrote:

Same for Arizona.

FAQ: Why am I not able to e-file my state return after filing my Federal return?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-am-i-not-able-to-e-file-my-state-return-after-...

Hello USA!

I just got an email from TT.  They said it would be fixed by 3/19 which means if you use a desktop version, you'll probably see it in an update on the next day.  

Good luck to all.

Lets hope it works. 🐵

same for virginia

Opened TT today (Deluxe version for Windows).

It auto-updated with the fix.  🙂

I was then able to e-file my NYS returns without incident.

Just waiting to for NYS to formally accept the return.

Good luck to all who had this issue.

eburs1981

I still cannot E-file my State of Illinois taxes.  It hasn't been fixed.  Help!

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact customer support for assistance:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

@eburs1981

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies