turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mrteigland
Returning Member

Arizona state schedule A

The AZ Schedule A (same information copied from federal schedule)  says 2019 on the header.  On the federal Schedule A it says 2020 on the header.  Will AZ accept this 2019 form?  After TurboTax review, it says there are no errors.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Arizona state schedule A

Arizona will not accept a 2019 Schedule A for a 2020 return. The current 2020 version is available in both TurboTax Online and CD/Desktop.

If you are using TurboTax Online, you should have the correct version. Try print/preview again. On the left column, click Tax Tools, then Print Center.

If you are using CD/Desktop, make sure your program is up to date. Click Online in the top left corner. Select Check for Updates. Click Forms in the upper right. Search the left column Forms in My Return for the Arizona Schedule A. Click on the form and check the heading.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mrteigland
Returning Member

Arizona state schedule A

Thanks for your response.  I'm using TurboTax online and have tried updating numerous times to correct this.  In the Print/Preview, Schedule A is labeled 2019 in the state return.  When I go to Forms in the upper right corner and search for Schedule A, it is labeled 2020!  So, I'm wondering which form goes to the state?  The 2019 or the 2020.  Thanks

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Arizona state schedule A

You need the 2020 version for all forms filed with your 2020 tax return.   But the 2020 state version  is probably not ready yet.   See the list below for your state after you click on the link.   E-filing doesn't start until the 12th and all of the forms are not yet finalized for 2020 tax returns.  Once the forms are finalized, TurboTax will be updated to reflect the current year's form.  

When you go to Forms, the federal forms are listed first - you will find the state forms at the bottom of the forms list - scroll all the way down to the bottom.   If the form is not ready yet, you will get an error message if you attempt to e-file before the form is ready.   

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products - Select your situation to locate your 2020 form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mrteigland
Returning Member

Arizona state schedule A

According to the link you sent, the AZ form Schedule A (Form 140) is available.   The schedule A down below in the state section of forms, is identical to the Federal Schedule A in the upper section, except it's labeled 2019. Schedule A in the federal forms section is labeled 2020.  I'll wait some days to see if I get an update.  Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies