Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

JFW3
Level 2

2023 TT State (Virginia) Download in loop

Thanks.  I understand now the forms are not yet available (it seems 1/18 is the date -- seems late to me, but that's not on TT).  However, for many years, TT advised when the forms would be available if you tried to download them early rather, than put one in a continuous loop.  I think by trying to download and looping, maybe the state will download automatically when available, and you don't need to go back to download.  Either way,  the communication message to users should reflect the situation.  A continuous loop is just frustrating -- as everyone likely tried several times to download.

The Virginia State Tax Program updated today (1.4.24). After opening my return I clicked on the Virginia box (that was previously in a loop) and now it shows an amount and the state program has loaded. I realize that all the forms (Fed and State) are not yet available. Just wanted to provide update.

Thanks

Neil

Ohio still refuses to download - just in the endless loop telling me it's ready and I need to download it. Then go through several more clicks to tell me it's up to date. Then takes me back to the original screen saying I need to download Ohio.

@brycesteiner wrote:

Ohio still refuses to download - just in the endless loop telling me it's ready and I need to download it. Then go through several more clicks to tell me it's up to date. Then takes me back to the original screen saying I need to download Ohio.

The Ohio state tax forms for tax year 2023 have not yet been finalized in TurboTax.  Most all of the forms are scheduled to be available on 01/18/2024 (subject to change)

Go to this TurboTax website for federal and state forms availability - https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

I have been working on this issue with Virginia State Tax ( TurboTax deluxe).  As of 1/18/2004 to 1/19/24 a number of updates for the forms and state tax occurred.  So yes at this point the Virginia state tax down loaded.  The download was also seen in the record of software downloaded.

Unfortunately, the state portion of of Turbotax was not functional.  So yes I can download the state tax program at will (10 times).  However, the program is not functional.  I would appreciate any ideas.  ( I also use the programs to figure out Tax  withholding before April).

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Can you clarify what you mean by 'the state portion was not functional'?  In TurboTax Desktop, when you click on the STATE TAXES tab, do you see  the 'Let's Work on Your State Return' message?

If you can provide more details, we'll try to help.

I would suggest going to the FILE menu, choose 'Remove State Return', then closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies, and re-open TurboTax to a different section of your Federal  return (such as Income or Deductions). 

Click through a couple screens, the go back to the STATE TAXES tab. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JFW3
Level 2

I'm OK now.  When I wrote that TT had not yet been made available or VA had not yet delivered the Virginia State section of the program.  This year, unlike previous years, when you tried to download it before it was available, the program just put you in a loop.  In prior years, it would tell you when to come back.  The good thing about this year is that the state portion was updated as soon as it was available.  You didn't need to go back to download.  TT should fix their message to let users know it's not a bug, but will update when programming is available.

I am having the same issues with Pennsylvania with our business. I too have found and tried what you did with the same dead end results. I waited until today hoping it would magically work with the new month. Have you managed to find a solution yet? This is beyond frustrating.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The business forms are not available yet.

  

Here is an article you can reference that will tell you particular forms availability. 

I have same problem with TurboTAX for business 2023.   They took my money for MD Estate product but it never installs.  It is Mid February.  

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question?

I have the same issue, payed for the state, filing for S corp. It says it will download, then says it's up to date and goes back to where you download again. I'm hoping that it is just that the state isn't available yet, but it should say that. Would also be nice if it said when it will be available. Non of our companies officers can do their personal taxes because of this. It is past the middle of February, everything should be ready by now.

Thank you for asking.  Once the state down load is available (please check turbotax for specific dates).

Please try again. I my case the State program actually down loaded.  However that did not fix the loop as the window for the state in Tubotax was stilled grayed out. Then if the “fix of using the state removal Tool” has been tried.  Please consider calling customer service.  ( When calling customer sevice it helps to have the Tubotax running so they can run through the possibilities and offer suggestions on line.  As well as the license key. When I ran out of fixes, I found Customer service very responsive.  Please note that it can take a few hours to sort out the issues.  If I remember correctly the contact number is avaible as a pulldown menu when in TurboTax.

I hope this helps

gcarr13

Same issue with MD 2023 Business...Waited until the expected release date and then stuck in the same loop without ever getting to complete the tax return. Spent time with help desk & uninstalling/reinstalling the app as well as the Clean State (which only shows 2022 in the executable). No resolution in sight...

I was able to resolve this on my own by uninstalling Turbo Tax completely and then installing again. Your specific tax info will be saved in a file. When I did the reinstall all the updates were loaded and the state worked fine.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies