Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2020 TurboTax NYS software error

I am a NYS resident whose efiled federal income return was accepted but my efiled NYS return was rejected.  TurboTax informed me that I needed a software update which I downloaded. After the update I tried to redo an NYS efile. I was informed that I had an error on a NYS pension amount that needed to be corrected - instructed to go to my NYS 1099-R pension form and enter the correct amount. I re-entered the correct amount (was correct the first time).  Every time I try to resubmit my return I keep getting the same error - trapped in an endless loop

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Your going to have to wait until NYS SENDS YOU AN EMAIL OR A LETTER IN THE MAIL,

"TURBOTAX"  Sucks this year , I have used it for 15 years never use it again 

You Can`t talk to a live person 

Csnb

The exact same thing is happening to me now and I can't get past it. Like you said an endless loop.  The turbo tax box claims help is available by computer or phone but how do you get someone on the phone. Their "help" is useless.

Csnb

How do I wait until I get something from NYS if the return gets rejected and I can't resubmit thru turbo tax. I paid to efile and it won't let me. You are right it sucks!!

Similar issue here, got same email from TurboTax about their error, which wasn't an error. When I tried to refile I get message that a software update is required to efile.  Checked for update, says software is up to date.  You're right, TurboTax sucks this year, been using them for many, many years, won't use them next year.  Good Luck trying to talk to live person.  

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You may want to try to manually update the TurboTax software to see if that resolves the error. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tried to do manual update, but when I ran update program it said I didn't have TurboTax 2020 installed.

Fixed problem by uninstalling TurboTax 2020, reinstalling original program, let it do one single large update when I first ran program.   Then filing taxes ran without a problem.    Ken

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies