Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Paying to file state taxes

I'm trying to file my state taxes using the Windows desktop version of TT 2023 Deluxe and paying the state electronic filing fee via credit card.  When I select the credit card option, it asks me to login to the TT (Intuit?) website, but when I try, it fails to login.  It never asked me to enter my credit card info anyplace - which is what I thought the next step should have been, not logging in to the website.  (I have never used the TT website to prepare or file my taxes, so I have no idea why I should have to login there.)

I went to both the Intuit and TT websites and was able to login without any problems, so I know I'm using the correct login info.

What am I doing wrong, or is it a problem with the program/process?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

CatinaT1 - Thanks for the link, however I have already contacted TT Customer Service and the agent there was able to help me file my state taxes - but only after much trouble on her end trying to get the *pay by phone* procedure to work correctly.

This is the first time I have had this issue with TT and have been using it for it to file my taxes for 30+ years.  Given the problem I and (if the questions in the TT Community Forums are any indication) may others have had with the state tax filing and the problems that the agent helping me had, I say that the software changes that were made in order to support the 2023 tax year needed more quality control testing to ensure that everything worked as it should.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies