turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Massachusetts Schedule INC

What is this and why is it blocking me from filing my MA taxes? I only have a W2 for this job (my only job) and won't be getting any other forms from my employer (and have no self-employment income, and thus no 1099 to file). Anyone know why this error is occurring and how to fix it?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

34 Replies

I've added a screenshot of the specific error/problem. Help?

Yes it's saying the same for me

So is this some kind of universal error? Because I can't find a reference to this form anywhere online, whether on this site or elsewhere.

I have no idea I've never had this problem before n this is my 4th year doing my taxes in this site

This is the third year for me, and literally nothing has changed; I have the same job, the same insurance information, the same salary. Very frustrating.

Same here hopefully they can fix it I keep checking everyday cause I dunno how 2 file by mail n my federal was accepted

also having this problem.. 3rd year, nothings changed

Since you have a W-2, the form is part of your return.

So why is it saying I can't efile it? It it just an issue with it being too early to file for MA?

Sorry, the messaging on the screen is not clear.  It just means that's a non-e-filable form.  You do not need it for e-filing.  It is not blocking you from e-filing.  If you were to paper file, yes that would block you since it's not ready right now but will be ready in a few days.

Okay, that helps a bit; thanks! Do you know if this is a new requirement for this tax year? I haven't encountered this form/message in prior years, and as I stated in the thread above, nothing has changed with my employer/salary/filing status.

Not a new requirement. Always has happened behind the scenes.  Just displaying it to our customers so it's more transparent.

Great. Thanks for your help!

Thank you
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies