turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

North Carolina Refund

I filed my state refund at the end of June and it’s in stage 3 over thirty eight K usd and their has been a delay in processing, do anyone know if they are really going to pay to my cashapp.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

North Carolina Refund

Federal and state refunds come from completely separate entities,  There is no rule as to which one will come first or how much time there will be between their arrivals.

STATE RETURN

Make sure your state return was accepted:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

North Carolina Refund

over thirty eight K usd

Your NC state tax refund is $38,000?  If so, the state is likely looking at it very carefully (and slowly). 

North Carolina Refund

Please keep all of your related posts in one thread.  In another one, you indicated that you asked for your refund to go to your sister's cashapp. That can cause problems in itself.

North Carolina Refund

Yes it is though I will definitely receive the payment but I used my cashapp as a payment method, I’m hoping cashapp doesn’t return the payment due to the amount 

North Carolina Refund

How did you end up with an $38,000 refund anyway?

North Carolina Refund

The companies I worked for 

North Carolina Refund

@Honeykiller 

Please keep your related questions within one thread going forward.   You now have three different threads starting on July 10 --and all of them are essentially about the same issue.  It is very confusing for anyone who is trying to reply to you or to help you to follow three separate threads and see what questions you have asked and what replies you have received so far.   Once you file your tax return, TurboTax is done.

TurboTax does not get any information at all from the IRS or your state, so no one at TurboTax can tell you when your refund will be issued or whether the confusion about your account is going to be a problem.   It seems you began by using an account that is in someone else's name and then somehow changed names on the account.   It is going to be up to YOU to watch what happens with that account--and or up to you to trace the refund if it goes astray due to the account confusion you began with.    TurboTax is not going to track or trace your refund for you.   You have to use the IRS and state refund sites yourself to track your own refunds.

You say you are expecting a 38 thousand dollar state refund.  That sounds pretty unlikely, but we cannot see your tax return so we cannot know if you really had that much tax withheld from "the companies I worked for" or whether you entered an incorrect amount from your income documents--like a misplaced decimal or extra zeros from amounts in box 17 of your W-2(s).    

And further---one of your posts mentions that you filed in late June.   This is only mid-July.    It is taking the IRS longer than normal to process many tax returns, so you may have to lower your expectations in terms of how quickly you think you are going to receive your refund.   Double check the amounts you entered from your W-2's to see if you entered those amounts correctly, since $38K sounds exhorbitant, especially for a state refund.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

North Carolina Refund

@Honeykiller - if you filed your NC state taxes at the end of June, then it has only been 3 weeks since you filed.  When this year began NC was purposely delaying refunds for up to 12 weeks to protect against fraud. 

no one on this board would know the specific date of your refund.  

Unlike the IRS, NC actually answers the phone (pretty much close to the 1st ring!), so you may want to call NC DOR AFTER checking the refund tool below.  

https://www.ncdor.gov/refund#wheres-my-refund

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies