Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

NJ E Filing Error Message

I have the same Sch NJ-DOP Line 4 issue.

Downloaded the new update this morning and the problem appears to have been resolved.  No more pass-through BAIT error.

Sch NJ-DOP: Sch DOP, Line 4-Net gains This form may require an adjustment that has not been finalized for this release. You must obtain an update before you file your return in order to ensure that all of the calculations are correct.

Also if you own property you will get this message: Form NJ-1040 P2: Ln 38c - Owned Home County Muni Code should be blank.

ir should not be Blank. Seems to be fixed for some but still getting these errors that prevent you from Efile.

I was able to finish and file electronically without issue via the mobile app!

I was finally able to Efile this morning.  Looks like the error has been cleared up.   No more error message stating about the pass through tax.

Update: What I did to have the system force Efile was. Erased the tax lot and block numbers in smart check. Went back to my Federal return and erased the 1099B imports. Manually input the information myself. Use Total sales do not list them one by one. That fixed the issue. It seems that if you have more then 100 transactions.The state system can not handle it. I believe it’s the same with MA as well. I hope this helps at least one Person good luck everyone. This was to correct the other issues that I was having with TT not just Biz Pass through error. This will correct SCH-DOP error and also if you own property in NJ and are getting the tax lot leave blank Error.

@Gmen4life yup, I'm  getting this same error still. I'm putting 0, but it still says I need to fix it

"Sch NJ-DOP: Sch DOP, Line 4-Net gains This form may require an adjustment that has not been finalized for this release. You must obtain an update before you file your return in order to ensure that all of the calculations are correct."

I will wait for the fix.  Lol. Too much to get around the issue ..

@kevin85193 @Bsharris17  See my above post. You have to go back to the federal and delete your 1099b’s. Then just manually put in the total proceeds  and costs basis . In box 1d of your 1099b. You can upload a copy after turbo tax will ask and do this for you. I am not sure if there will be hot fix for this I found an old post here with people having to do this from last year. This year for the first time ever automatically imported my docs my sales are always over a 100 and that’s what causes the issue for the system on the state end. I did what I did as stated  above this year as I have in past years and there is never an issue with my returns. I hope this helps.

cokecraze
Returning Member

I updated this morning and the NJ efile went thru. 

How do you "update" it?

@kevin85193 Those are for people using the Software version. Not for people using the app or the online version. The problem they are referring to was yesterday issue with the pass through biz. That was fixed and they can file now. The issue you are having is with the 1099B. That has not been fixed and has been issue with past years. Again if you go back to federal delete the automatic import put in the sales info yourself it will fix the issue. You can then delete your state and it will automatic redo it with the new federal info. If you are unsure how to do that you won’t be able to Efile. This has been issue with TT for years now. I don’t expect this to be fixed. 

After updating desktop TT this morning (02/18/2022) I was successful in e-filing both Federal and NJ State taxes with no problems.

gudday2u
Returning Member

Use your controls to search for update. If you are on software version it should come up automatically when you open TT.

gudday2u
Returning Member

The fix is in. Go for it. LOL

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies