Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New York - change in "subtraction adjustments" in 2022 from previous years

In completing my 2022 taxes for New York, I noticed a huge shift in the category labeled "Subtraction adjustments" - blank for 2022 but with a significant figure for 2021 and prior years.  A $27K reduction in 2022! And no where to adjust/modify or change this even after going over it repeatedly.   

Did NYS make a major shift in how they are using the Federal adjustments?  I receive a NYS pension (non NYS income taxed) and I also switched from the Standard Deduction (Federal) for 2021 to Itemized Deduction for 2022.  I don't believe either of these should have a bearing on the "Subtraction adjustments", but who knows?  All other figures are very comparable, year to year (2021 vs 2022).

Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

There is a screen after entering 1099-R basic information that asks "Where is your distribution from?", when the selection which in includes "Pensions of New York State and Local Governments" is checked it should subtract that amount on the NY return.   

View solution in original post

2 Replies

There is a screen after entering 1099-R basic information that asks "Where is your distribution from?", when the selection which in includes "Pensions of New York State and Local Governments" is checked it should subtract that amount on the NY return.   

EdithM. - THANK YOU very much!  This was a HUGE help.  I had forgotten to check this off.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies