kentax007

My form 1099-DIV and 1099-INT contains the wrong state in the recipient address and zip code section. Turbo tax complains the zip code is wrong. How do I fix the state?

kentax007

Just to clarify, the state is wrong, the zip code is correct. The form that turbo tax displays is during the final review before I submit, and it shows the form all filled out, with only the zip code as an editable field. Changing the zip code would be incorrect.

Go to Federal >Wages and Income, and fix them there.

kentax007

Unfortunately I have not found a way to fix them. That field is not available from any place in the UI that I could find.
Confusedtaxman

I’m currently going through the exact same issue. The form is graying out all the address information on the 1099 except the zip code. With the address wrong to begin with, changing the zip code doesn’t do a thing. I’ve been looking for a manual override and still can’t find anything that allows me to change the entire recipient address on the 1099. Are there any solutions to changing the entire section because the question of address never gets asked again.

ASIMO

Having this problem in 2021 for 2020 return.... was it ever solved?

ASIMO

Fixed it myself! Problem came from importing the form from my computer. I went to tax tools > delete forms, deleted the offending form, and redid it by selecting "I'll type the information myself." 

Nopenope1

Thank you for this... I've been trying to figure out how to fix it.  No idea what went wrong with their import, as the actual form from my brokerage has the correct state listed.

Was finally able to submit my return after deleting the form.

jplonske21

Thank you for this solution! Just spent a half hour trying to figure it out with a TurboTax specialist and we came across your solution. Was able to submit with no issues by following your recommendation. Thank you!

pcsnijders

Great. I ran into the same problem. Based on your message here, I deleted the form, retyped it, and all is good.

Thank you very much for posting the solution!!