Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Maryland Tax Forms Are Not Printable

TurboTax, Please explain why completed Maryland tax forms can not be printed until February 10. How is it possible to see the completed forms and to e-file but not print the forms until February 10?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Today, 2/12/2022, after TurboTax updated, I was able to print the Maryland state forms.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

The printed forms require additional formatting before printing, which is why you must wait before printing. The e-file is able to submit the data correctly without the additional formatting. 

If you need additional assistance, you can contact customer support by clicking here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Why didn't TurboTax prepare that formatting in advance so that we taxpayers do not have to wait to print our forms? In years past, I have not had to wait to print my Maryland return.

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

The IRS started this tax season pretty far behind.  That kind of delay flows down to the states.  So the IRS finalizes their forms and then the states finalize their forms.  And then the TurboTax programmers get the forms and have to integrate them into the TurboTax program.  Then there is testing to make sure that the newly added forms work with the program properly.  Then they are rolled out to the public.  As inconvenient as the waiting is it will still get your tax return processed faster than paper filing it.

Informative. Thank you.

I contacted the Comptroller of Maryland was informed that there was/is no delay in the availability of state tax forms. The delay must be related to TurboTax, not the state of Maryland.

https://www.marylandtaxes.gov/individual/income/forms/2021_Income_Tax_Forms.php

Today, 2/12/2022, after TurboTax updated, I was able to print the Maryland state forms.

fdcorrell

Thanks for letting us know!  I've been waiting (it seems like) a long time!

gammapeggy
Returning Member

Why can't I e-file my Maryland State?  This was supposed to be fixed on 2-10-2022.  I pay for turbo tax so I can e-file!

Peggy C

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

The State of Maryland tax forms should be available to print at this time. Please do check if they will now print normally.

Just to clarify, if they are still giving the watermark over the forms,  we would like to take a deeper look at this. It would help to have a diagnostic file which, is a sanitized copy of your tax return that has all of your personal information removed but has all of the forms and numbers entered. You can send one to us by following the directions below and posting the token number here so we can access the sanitized return.

TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to your online account.
  2. Click on Tax Tools on the left tool bar
  3. Select Tools
  4. In the pop-up screen, click on “Share my file with agent”
  5. Click OK on the message that a diagnostic file will be sanitized and transmitted to us.
  6. Please provide the Token Number.

TurboTax Desktop/Download Versions:

1. Open your return.
  2. Click the Online tab in top menu bar
  3. Select “Send Tax File to Agent
  4. Click Send on the message and the tax file will be sanitized and transmitted to us.
  5. Please provide the Token Number.

I used TurboTax to efile my Maryland return after I was able to print and review the return. I received my refund just a few days later. There was a $20 fee to efile the state return. 

I cannot print my maryland return to pdf or hard copy from turbotax  deluxe cd.  I have no trouble with printing the federal return and was able to file both.   I have no other issues with adobe.  I am running  Ma OS BIG SUR 11.6.3.

I  have called turbotax twice.  the first time I spoke with someone who tried to help but was unsuccessful.  the second time I spoke to someone who tried to connect me with a technician.  she said that I could not speak to the technician directly but that communication had to be relayed.  during one of the waiting  periods, after 38 minutes, I  was disconnected.  

turbotax does not recognize me as having  submitted either 2020 or 2021 when I sing in online, so that approach does not help at all.  

urboTax Desktop/Download Versions:

1. Open your return.
  2. Click the Online tab in top menu bar
  3. Select “Send Tax File to Agent
  4. Click Send on the message and the tax file will be sanitized and transmitted to us.
  5. Please provide the Token Number.

I do not see the online tab in turbotax deluxe cd for mac.  

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Why can't I print out my forms?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/why-can-t-i-print-out-my-forms/00/27320

this response did not solve  the problem.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies