turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ekbowman

TT says I cannot e-file my West Virginia IT-140W form with this year when I have been able to in all my previous years with TT. Why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

TT says I cannot e-file my West Virginia IT-140W form with this year when I have been able to in all my previous years with TT. Why?

Many state forms are not finalized so you cannot e-file your state return until they are ready.  There are also a number of federal forms that are not yet finalized so you have to wait for them.  Click on Review to see what forms you still need in order to e-file. 

There really should be no rush to file--the IRS will not be accepting/rejecting returns until January 28.  Many tax documents such as W-2's, 1099's, 1098's, etc. have not been mailed out yet. You may not have everything you need until mid-February.  If you file too early and then find out another important document just arrived in your mailbox, you have to go through the agony of amending your return--which takes about 4 months.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
db2345

It says the form is available by mail, but not available to e-file? How do I I do my taxes then?

THAT form is no longer required by the state of WV. I’m assuming TT will update this on the 31st when the rest are available

You no longer have to have that form for WV!! It should be taken completely off turbo tax site. I’m assuming because forms aren’t ready yet it hasn’t. Sorry for previous comment. Autocorrect lol
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies