turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

John-Kristin
Returning Member

Qualified business income deduction - are the QBI worksheets functional that support ln 9 of 2018 1040? TT did not link SE income to QBI ded summary and qbi worksheet

But cannot enter anything other than activity and net income unless override to qbi ded summary.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

89 Replies
dmertz
Level 15

Qualified business income deduction - are the QBI worksheets functional that support ln 9 of 2018 1040? TT did not link SE income to QBI ded summary and qbi worksheet

Linking of SE income to a QBI Worksheet has not yet been implemented.
dmertz
Level 15

Today's update added linking of Schedule C to a QBI Component worksheet, but for those with taxable income under $315,000 filing jointly or $157,500 for other filers the calculation is producing an erroneously inflated QBI deduction amount.  More updates are needed before the QBI deduction amount can be used by these individuals.
pjn
Level 3

I just performed a what if simple scenario on a Schedule C with basic amounts below the threshold of an SSTB business to test TT and it worked correctly. The key is to link QBI worksheet business income component to a worksheet at the bottom of Schedule C additional information. I performed the calculation manually first to ensure I would get the correct result.  

You are posting on a conversation that is 2 months old ... things have changed since then.
greints1

Has turbo tax been updated yet with the Qualified Business income deduction functionality?  When will we know if it is updated?
dmertz
Level 15

TurboTax for individual tax returns now appears to have all of the necessary functionality for the QBI deduction for all types of pass-through entities.  Be sure to go back and step through all of the entry pages for your particular pass-through entity so that the proper linkages are established.

Really, I'm not seeing that update.
tygressk

It still will not give me a option to fill out the QBI, add link to complete my return which is all i want to do, HELP

Some problem here - no QBI despite starting over. What's the deal?

Crap software is the deal. They need to release the update/patch for the issue. My guess is they haven't yet. They get 2 more days before I print the returns, take them to a tax pro and have amex cancel my payment.
barbie2

According to Intuit and HR Block, the IRS has not approved the QBI worksheets yet.
eddiel

anyone able to get by the QBI link issue
teehoyt

Apparently the QBI link issue is still not working properly..Are we going to get a notice when it's avail?

I do not qualify for the QBI and I still can not file my taxes!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies