Ajuarez21022

Last year's state tax return rejected

My state taxes got rejected last year, and after like 2 more attempts of trying I gave up and forgot about them. Can I still file them, and is there a penalty?

Last year's state tax return rejected

You can still file the return, but e-filing is closed for a past year return. You have to print, sign and mail the return now.  If you are getting a tax refund there is no penalty for being late.  If you owe tax due then expect a bill later for the penalty and interest owed.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS and/or your state received the return.

Last year's state tax return rejected

Ajuarez21022

Last year's state tax return rejected

Thanks so much for the help! 

Just one more question, where do I go to print the return? 

Last year's state tax return rejected

Use the same account and user ID that you used when you prepared the return.

PRINT RETURN   You need to print a copy of your return?  Sign in to your account using exactly the same account and user ID that you used to prepare your return.
On the bottom of the screen find Your tax returns & documents and click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1944348-how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online

Ajuarez21022

Last year's state tax return rejected

I just print and sign the first page? And after mailing what comes next? 

Last year's state tax return rejected

After mailing it you wait for your refund if you are getting one.  If you owe--pay the tax due and include a check or money order with your tax return or pay on the state's web site.

Allow several weeks and then you can check to see what is happening with it at the state.

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

Ajuarez21022

Last year's state tax return rejected

Do I attach anything else as to what I'm trying to do with the forms I provide? Or just the printed return and w2?

Last year's state tax return rejected

That's it, unless you have any sort of 1099 showing tax withheld--like a 1099R, for example.