Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It is asking me to enter my 2022 Oregon tax liability but I have no idea what that is or how to find it?

It is saying the answer is on OR-40 forms but I don't have any of those. And all my attempts to search for the answer have come up with nothing.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

It is asking me to enter my 2022 Oregon tax liability but I have no idea what that is or how to find it?

Yes, that is your prior year Oregon state tax return.  TurboTax is attempting to help you reduce the interest penalty for under payment on your Oregon state tax return.  One way to do that is by showing that in 2022 your Oregon tax liability was zero or you did not file in 2022.  

You'll need to find your copy of your 2022 Oregon state return.  The main resident Oregon return form is a form OR-40.  Line 31 on that form should be your tax liability.  If it shows zero you will enter that in the box on your 2023 return asking for your 2022 OR tax liability and the penalty interest on your OR return will be removed.       

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

With the huge Oregon Kicker this year, that form is worth some effort to find!

I found Oregon is pretty efficient at correcting errors, enter a small number and they will correct your return with the actual amount, giving you a refund,

I do not have a Oregon State tax return.  How do I know what my liability is?

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Are you saying that you did not have an Oregon return for 2022, or that you don't have an Oregon return for 2023?

If yes for 2023, but no for 2022, then just enter zero for the 2022 tax liability.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies