Solved: It depends.  If the interest is from a multi-state...

State ID for Box 8?

Form 1099-INT Worksheet for Schedule B is asking for a State ID for Box 8 for the State where interest was earned. I am fairly sure the answer is "more than one state" but the box is not allowing me to type in anything but a 2 letter state abbreviation. What should I do? Just enter my home state?

State ID for Box 8?

It depends.  If the interest is from a multi-state bond fund, you can enter XX to represent more than one state.  If the interest was from a bond issued in your home state, or a mutual fund that only invests in your home state, enter the abbreviation for that state.

State ID for Box 8?

State ID for Box 8?

Yes enter home state in box 8 if your Form 1099-INT does not have a state abbreviation in box 8.