Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is the LODI amount listed on the W-2 from the Dept Of Ed in NYC already deducted from the line 1 wages and other compensation?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Is the LODI amount listed on the W-2 from the Dept Of Ed in NYC already deducted from the line 1 wages and other compensation?

Yes it is.  As explained in this answer by TurboTax KatherineC, it has been already deducted from Line 1 and you do not need any additional reporting in TurboTax on this income listed on your W2:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6503838

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Yes it is.  As explained in this answer by TurboTax KatherineC, it has been already deducted from Line 1 and you do not need any additional reporting in TurboTax on this income listed on your W2:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6503838

zxsaw-R1
Returning Member

Daniel, I want to know what category do I us in Turbo Tax 2022 tax filing for box 14, LODI?????

zxsaw-R1
Returning Member

DANIEL,

YOU ARE NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTION!

ON THE 2022 TAX RETURN, USING TURBO TAX PREMERE, WHEN ENTERING THE DATE FROM BOX 14 ON W-2, LODI, I HAVE TO CHOSE A CATEGORY IN TURBO TAX WINDOW. wHICH ONE DO I USE???????

@zxsaw-R1 You are asking for someone to reply to you from a posting of over three years ago.

Use the category of Other in box 14.

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

@zxsaw-R1  I agree with @DoninGA about the box 14 category.  If you use the link that is provided in my "Accepted Solution" answer, you are brought to the actual solution.  On that solution, you will see a link where you can see a NY state/city reference that shows that the Line Of Duty Injury pay is not taxable, and has been accounted for on your W2.  By reporting in Box 14, the city is telling you how much of your pay was not taxable for Federal, state, and city tax purposes.  What is reported in Box 14 for this is informational only and will not affect your tax return.

As DoninGA also mentions, some of these posts date back years.  However, if ever you want to send a message to someone who has posted, feel free to use the @ symbol before their ID name, and we will be messaged that you are sending us a message as a public post.  We are interested in providing you an answer to your questions.

And thank you DoninGA for your assistance!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies