I received a notice from the state of california filing compliance bureu. My 2016 california individual income tax return was selected for review.

Do you have a question?    CA does do random reviews of tax returns.

CA is asking a lot of people to verify their identity, etc.  this year.  My sister got a letter from California.

Please contact our Audit Support Center for assistance understanding the letter you received from California. Click the blue Get help from TurboTax Support button to get started.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/