turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

For IL state tax return, I did not see a Schedule ICR filled. But there should be one

I have finished everything, and printed out all forms for myself to review. The Federal part looks good but IL state is missing Schedule ICR, and there is no credit for my property tax in IL-1040, which it should be a credit of 5% of property taxes I paid. How can I get ICR added?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Cindy0H

For IL state tax return, I did not see a Schedule ICR filled. But there should be one

Is there any way this could this be you?

For tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2017, the Illinois Property Tax Credit is not allowed if a taxpayer’s federal Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) exceeds $500,000 for returns with a federal filing status of married filing jointly, or $250,000 for all other returns.

If not, go back through the interview and make sure you have entered the PIN. During this process, TurboTax will tell you if you get the credit. If that is not the case, you can try to delete the state and try again.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3450510

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Cindy0H

Is there any way this could this be you?

For tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2017, the Illinois Property Tax Credit is not allowed if a taxpayer’s federal Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) exceeds $500,000 for returns with a federal filing status of married filing jointly, or $250,000 for all other returns.

If not, go back through the interview and make sure you have entered the PIN. During this process, TurboTax will tell you if you get the credit. If that is not the case, you can try to delete the state and try again.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3450510

Thank you for your reply.  No, do not have income at that level!  Eventually I called the TurboTax phone number.  The solution was being sure to click on the name of my state.  I thought the purpose of that screen was simply to set the names of states for which you had to file a return.  Instead, there were lots of screens behind the state icon, including the one that sought the property ID for state real-estate taxes, as you mentioned.  Perhaps it was not as clear as it could be.  Next year I may more often opt for having TurboTax run through its list of questions rather than my going directly for the issues I know are relevant.  That latter course may leave an issue hidden behind a rather innocuous screen!  Thanks again!

sueroda15
Returning Member

I don't see how to claim my Illinois credit for my taxes.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

You need to enter your Illinois property tax paid in your Illinois state return in order for Schedule ICR to generate.

1. Log into Turbo Tax
  2. Select the state taxes tab in the left pane of your screen.
  3. As you scroll through your screen, you should see a page that says Take a Look at Illinois credit and taxes.
  4. Look down in your list of taxes and locate Property Tax Credit and select start
  5. Answer the all the questions yes regarding your principal residence.
  6. Next enter the county, and the Property Index Number(PIN)
  7. Next page will enter taxes paid and you should receive your credit.
  8. This will also include Schedule ICR in your list of Illinois forms.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Schedule ICR has me asking about my kids and where they are going to school (k-12)  I'm confused.  Why is this coming up?

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Schedule ICR, Illinois Credits, allows you to figure the total amount of property tax and K-12 education expense credits you may claim on Form IL-1040, Individual Income Tax Return.  @G Dog

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies