Solved: First half of 2016 I was unemployed and lived in DE. Second half of 2016 I move to PA and was employed in PA. Do I need to file 2016 DE State taxes?

First half of 2016 I was unemployed and lived in DE. Second half of 2016 I move to PA and was employed in PA. Do I need to file 2016 DE State taxes?

First half of 2016 I was unemployed and lived in DE. Second half of 2016 I move to PA and was employed in PA. Do I need to file 2016 DE State taxes (given that I was a part-year resident and had income in 2016 even though I didnt earn while a resident of DE)?

Did you receive unemployment benefits in Delaware?  If you had income from any source (including unemployment benefits) while a part-year resident of Delaware, you must file a Delaware tax return.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

I was a full time student in DE with no income while there.

Then you don't need to file a DE return.

THanks!

Yes if u had income u still have to file

Even if all of my 2016 income was from after I moved to PA?

No you file 2016 because you didnt work but after you moved to PA and worked you can file in that state