turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

truk711

First half of 2016 I was unemployed and lived in DE. Second half of 2016 I move to PA and was employed in PA. Do I need to file 2016 DE State taxes?

First half of 2016 I was unemployed and lived in DE. Second half of 2016 I move to PA and was employed in PA. Do I need to file 2016 DE State taxes (given that I was a part-year resident and had income in 2016 even though I didnt earn while a resident of DE)?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomD8
Level 15

First half of 2016 I was unemployed and lived in DE. Second half of 2016 I move to PA and was employed in PA. Do I need to file 2016 DE State taxes?

Did you receive unemployment benefits in Delaware?  If you had income from any source (including unemployment benefits) while a part-year resident of Delaware, you must file a Delaware tax return.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
TomD8
Level 15

Did you receive unemployment benefits in Delaware?  If you had income from any source (including unemployment benefits) while a part-year resident of Delaware, you must file a Delaware tax return.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
truk711

I was a full time student in DE with no income while there.
TomD8
Level 15

Then you don't need to file a DE return.
truk711

THanks!

Yes if u had income u still have to file
truk711

Even if all of my 2016 income was from after I moved to PA?

No you file 2016 because you didnt work but after you moved to PA and worked you can file in that state
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies