turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

spking01

Error Message for state

Does Federal go through if state isn't accepted e-file returns yet.

My error message

You cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2019 Georgia Personal tax returns starting 02-03-2020 06:00 AM. We'll see you then!

Did my federal go through?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Error Message for state

You can file your federal return separately since GA isn't yet ready to accept e-filed returns.  But you will need to return to your state return later, after your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, to complete your state filing.

To find out if your federal return was successfully e-filed, you can check the status of that return using the instructions linked below.

How do I check my e-file status? 

You may find that your return is still "Pending" since the IRS doesn't officially open tax season until January 27.  

Once your federal return has been accepted, use the instructions below to complete your state e-filing.

How do I e-file my state after I already filed my federal? 

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Error Message for state

It says I have the same $ value on two W 2 s, but I don't.  What is wrong?

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Error Message for state

It sounds like you may have accidentally duplicated your W-2 entries. To check on this, please click Wages & Income in TurboTax Online, and click Job (W-2).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Error Message for state

Thanks I have double checked all entries.  There 4 w 2s, and each one is very different.  Not even close.  But it says I have a same $ amount in two or more places, and can not e file in Indiana.  I have tried temporarily putting in a few different numbers but no help.   Is it worth trying to delete each one and re-enter?

Error Message for state

Oh, I may have mis-stated.  I am not "on line" I got a CD.  Does that make a difference what I do?

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Error Message for state

Using the Desktop version as opposed to the Online version shouldn't make any difference.  As you mentioned, I recommend deleting your W-2s and re-entering them.  If you imported them, I would manually enter them.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies