Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Endless loop while trying to download state

Try updating the software, if that does not work then contact customer support. 

Update Mac Software

This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent
Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

same problem here. California state loop. software is up to date 03/22/23. premier 2022 cd. im on windows.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please review this thread and see if the tip provided helps resolve your issue. If not, please contact our phone support team. @sereyrothp.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
triage

The most offensive part of this endless loop is they can't fix it but they won't give you a refund.  You can't fight it either.   

zoalord12

this does not work!

My software download version is already up to date.

Billion $ company and you cant have a software upgrade feature working, not good.

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

This is an old thread, so this answer may not be on point with your specific issue.  However, try clearing your browser's cache and deleting your cookies, then try picking up where you left off.

See the TurboTax Help articles How to clear your cache and How do I delete cookies? for guidance.

If this doesn't help, see the TurboTax Help articles State install/e-file update loop: State not installed after installation or TurboTax needs to update... and Why am I stuck in a loop in the File section of my return? for guidance.

If this doesn't help with your issue, feel free to provide more information.

@zoalord12 

@AmyC, @JohnW152 , @bblyth , @BA767 

The Workaround posted is labor intensive and did not work with States that had not been released yet.

If TT Business downloads your State,  but wont execute, waiting for the day after release date of the State is the simple answer.

It would save massive amounts of time and effort by TT  Bus users if this was included in info on program download with a link to each State release and distributed in an information packet to TT help line employees.

I posted below on this thread today:

FIXED: Open TT Business, turn AutoUpdater back on in preferences if you previously turned it off.

Then manually update your program if TT does not Auto Update.

The program Auto Updates the State patch......

TBH, this has likely happened to me at least one other year over the last 15 that I've used the program, just did not recognize it I guess.

Happy Trails... If it doesn't work today for U, Revisit the State Release Date link above to time your specific State Download Date, available the day AFTER...

Standing By, @Drg8r 

The link below should be in the pop up box as customers download their state on TT Business with a notice that the program can be downloaded now, but with not be functional until the day AFTER the State update date.

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotaxbusiness_states_windows_sel...

Good luck, Standing By, Longtime TT Home & Business and TT Business User,

@Drg8r 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies