Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bkrebs311
Returning Member

efiling

When I submitted both Federal and State 2020 returns they were rejected because they said the AGI number was not correct. I believe this was because my 2019 return was still being processed, which was now processed on 3/5/2020. I efiled before this date. I want to efile my 2020 returns but the turbotax site will not let me. I printed out my returns but have not mailed them yet. I would really like to efile to avoid delay in my refund. What can I do to efile once the return was rejected.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

efiling

Since you have an AGI now, you can try this to see if you can efile.

1. Log into Turbo Tax
  2. On the landing page, scroll to the bottom of the page where it says Your Tax Returns and Documents>show
  3. Select the add a state link
  4. This will put you back into your return.
  5. Select file and change from mail returns to efile returns.  There should be a selection process to do that.
  6. This should allow to efile now if you follow the right steps.
  7. if you experience issues, you may wish to call turbo tax tech support at 1-800-446-8848 for further assistance. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

efiling

Last year my state form was rejected after selecting efile so I mailed it all in. I can't remember if I got a refund. Do you know if you still have to pay if it was rejected? I have free fed efile with my turbotax premier but I don't want to try for efile again for state if I don't get a refund.  

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

efiling

In this public forum we are unable to address billing issues or refunds. For assistance with this, please reach out to customer service at the following link: What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

efiling

That link did not list the phone number but  you did post it earlier. Thanks for answering!

efiling

Sorry we don't know the phone number.  There are many numbers.  They don't list the numbers.

Contact Customer Service
5am-9pm Pacific Time
7 days a week
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

ee-ea
Level 15

efiling

You can speak to a person, you just have to go through the procedure to do that. You can get TurboTax support contact information, including phone numbers, at this link: https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/contact/index.jsp

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies