Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I need to send A kansas tax credit form K-26 to the state of Kansas separately from the turbo tax submittal?

It does not appear the K-26 credit form was included in the package Turbo Tax submitted to the state. Do I need to submit this form to Kansas as a paper form?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Do I need to send A kansas tax credit form K-26 to the state of Kansas separately from the turbo tax submittal?

If you're claiming a credit on Form K-26, you'll need to file the form with your individual tax return.  And, since TurboTax doesn't provide Form K-26, you'll need to print and mail your Kansas return, with Form K-26 attached.

For more information, see:

Line 15 (Other credits) in the Kansas Income Tax Booklet

TurboTax's Tax form availability app

The TurboTax Help article How do I print and mail my return in TurboTax Online? 

Feel free to post back should you have any other questions.

I'm in this same situation. I e-filed a KS state return with the missing K26 document. 

The efiled return was already accepted (but no refund has been issued yet). To correct this, do I need to amend the tax return myself with a K40 and mail that package in?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Maybe. Wait until you get something from the state either finishing the first filing or asking for missing information. You may not have to amend. If you do end up needing to amend,  see I need to amend my state return.

@blackfishparka 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies