Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DC tax

DC sent me a smaller refund than Turbo tax computed.

Turbo tax owes me the money 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

DC tax

No back taxes or anything!!

DC said the rent credit program stopped in 2017.

TT computed my return using the credit.

TT also stated MAXIMUM REFUND GUARANTEED....

show me the money!!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

DC tax

No TurboTax does not owe you money when the state changes your refund.  DC will send you a letter explaining the change.

MY STATE REFUND WAS LESS THAN I EXPECTED

The state will send you a letter explaining the change.  TurboTax does not get any feedback from your state after your return is accepted, so no one at TT knows why your state refund was less.   Did you owe back taxes, child support, or student loans?  Traffic fines, etc.?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

DC tax

Turbo Tax is a self prepared return.  It has no way of knowing or checking that you entered something wrong or in the wrong place or entered something twice  Or left something out.  It doesn't check against any outside sources.  The IRS has copies of all the W2s and 1099s your employer and banks/brokers, etc. sent in to match against.  Turbo Tax only checks the calculations of what you entered.   It is your responsibility to check it over before you file.  They only Guarantee that the calculations are right based on the entries you made.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/what-is-the-turbotax-100-accurate-calculatio...

DC tax

Whoa VW GIRL

I told TT what my rent was and they said great you qualify for a CREDIT!!

DC said that program stopped in 2017.

So TT has no idea !!

what up That!!

DC tax

No back taxes or anything!!

DC said the rent credit program stopped in 2017.

TT computed my return using the credit.

TT also stated MAXIMUM REFUND GUARANTEED....

show me the money!!

DC tax

Hey Chump ....oh Champ

this is no solution...

I paid for Turbo expert advice, not some guessing on existing tax programs.

remember the GUARANTEE 

DC tax

Since every state is different, I don't know what is in the DC software, however the TurboTax guarantee is limited to any penalty (not the tax) that the IRS (or state) charges you for under paying your tax due to a TurboTax calculations error.   

To discuss this with a TurboTax representative contact customer support - this is a user-to-user forum of other TurboTax users, not customer support.

There is no single published number because it changes contently depending on the nature of the call and agent availability. Following the link below will either give a current number for you to call or take your number for a callback.

(Note that phone support is for paying customers only. There is no phone support for Free Customers.)

Here is a TurboTax FAQ for contacting customer support.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

DC tax

@Katie L wrote:

I paid for Turbo expert advice, not some guessing on existing tax programs.

Then you will have to talk to TurboTax and not just other users in this forum.   This is an informal discussion forum for users - not TurboTax support.   Nobody here can help you - the most we can do is offer suggestions.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

DC tax

@Katie L wrote:

\

remember the GUARANTEE 

BTW: This is the exact wording in that guarantee (you did not say that you could get a larger refund from another company which is a condition of collecting the guarentee.)

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 3.32.13 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2020-09-08 at 3.32.37 PM.jpg

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies