Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Colorado Efile Still Pending

Hi - Colorado started accepting Electronic Tax Returns I believe on the 12th of February (maybe sooner) and despite filing both federal and state returns over 2 weeks ago (my Federal actually processed)  the state is still showing pending in turbo tax and not received on the state web site - is there an issue going on?  How do I get assurances that my state tax return is indeed filed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Colorado has advised taxpayers to give 2 weeks from the 12th before they start checking the status of their refund.  They have a backlog due to so many people filing returns prior to them being prepared to accept the returns.  Colorado State Tax Return Delay 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

9 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

CO says pending. How could they if they did not have your return?

https://www.kjct8.com/2024/02/16/colorado-state-tax-return/

I guess that's a good point - I hadn't considered that - however in my defense I'd say that the state web site, which I checked, says not received - so therein lies the disconnect.  

@dc5grl, I am in the same situation -- TurboTax transmitted my Colorado returns on February 10.  It's been over a week and the returns are still showing as "Pending" in TurboTax.

The Colorado Dept of Revenue information stated,

"State announces it is processing 2023 income tax returns
LAKEWOOD, Monday, February 12, 2024 — Taxpayers can now file income tax returns for 2023 and the Colorado Department of Revenue, Taxation Division has a few tips to make the process easier and help Coloradans receive their returns as quickly as possible."

https://tax.colorado.gov/press-release/state-announces-it-is-processing-2023-income-tax-returns

When I checked online with the Dept of Revenue, their system shows no sign of my tax returns.

Something doesn't seem right.

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Colorado has advised taxpayers to give 2 weeks from the 12th before they start checking the status of their refund.  They have a backlog due to so many people filing returns prior to them being prepared to accept the returns.  Colorado State Tax Return Delay 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Has anyone received their Tabor Refund yet or any refund? Just curious. Thank you.

I am in the same situation as you.  If what they say is true about waiting 2 weeks, they should go through sometime starting next week. I am going to check.

I am in the same boat as y'all

My professional program still says that some CO forms are not yet ready for acceptance ... seems like the late tax law changes have them backed up and there is nothing you can do but wait it out ...

1.png

That only impacts people needing those forms. I don't have any of those neither does it sound like anyone in this thread. We are all just waiting on our returns to be processed by colorado 👍

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies