Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MvGuy425
Returning Member

Change Banking Info for NYS Estimated Payments

My accounts were recently hacked and I had to close my old checking account.  When I originally filed my New York state tax return, I included auto debits to pay estimated payments throughout the year.  Is there a way that I can change the bank information within TurboTax to enter my new account?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Don't know what you did but you can not set up auto debits in Turbo Tax. Only for the current tax due payment. You have to go to the IRS or state website to pay Estimates.  Or mail a check with a 1040ES slip.

So you better check if your first  and second quarter estimates actually got paid out of your bank account or credit card.

MvGuy425
Returning Member

TurboTax allowed me to set up direct debits which were automatically taken out of my account for the 1st and 2nd quarters.  The instructions for the NYS return literally say that this is what occurred, and not to send in the estimated payment vouchers.

Ok, I guess NY is special.  Must be the only state that let's you do that.  Then I don't know how to update it through Turbo Tax.  You probably have to change it on the state website.

Nothing can be changed in the TT system after filing ... you can mail in payments instead for the last 2 needed or find a way to do it online at the NY website.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies