michaeljohn1

Can't locate 2018 Appropriate Georgia State Tax Forms

So, I recently found out that I was supposed to be filing a Georgia State Income Tax Return (Form 500). Basically, the issue was I'm a remote worker living in Florida for a company based in Georgia so I shouldn't need to. Unfortunately, I realized my company was withholding Georgia State Taxes. I've filed one for 2019 already in order to recover the taxes that were withheld. However, I'm trying to file one for last year (2018) in an attempt to recover those as well. However, every version of the form I find only has 9 squares for a Georgia ID, but I have a Florida one and need 12. I'm not sure where I can get a correct version of the form?

Thank you,

Javier

If you live in GA and work remotely for a FL company then they are required to withhold GA taxes and you MUST file a GA return ... you do not get all your taxes back.  And you are required to get a GA DL within a certain period (usually a couple of weeks) when you move so you should no longer have a FL license  if you are a GA resident. 

Now ... since the 2018 return must be mailed in then the DL# is not required.

michaeljohn1

So sorry. I wrote that late last night and miswrote what I meant. I live in Florida but work remotely for a company based in Georgia. Edited my original post to clarify.

michaeljohn1

And I just read the rest of your answer and saw that you said I don't need to put my Driver's license. Thank you!