Are my federal and state taxes automatically transmitted when I complete the process?

Yes, once you hit the complete button, your federal and state returns are transmitted

I have yet to receive my state tax return or notice of my federal return and it is the middle of June

Did you efile? Did you go all the way through the File tab, through the 3 steps and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button?

You can check your efile status here https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile. 

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?