Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

With Turbo tax for 8 years and they have really fumbled the ball this time with Turbotax live

I cannot get out of Turbotax LIVE and start over into do it yourself. I have spoken to three customer service reps. there is no support line to email them, the chat function doesnt work. The customer support reps have no idea how to fix it. They just rolled out turbotax live which i accidentally "started" and now i cannot restart or revert back to turbotax self employed which I have done for 8 years straight. To call this infuriating is an understatement. For a company this large i cannot believe what a mind $!@$ they have created through this.

This has literally become the only medium to start a discussion with the hope of finding someone competent from turbotax to fix this.

I do not have any options on the left hand that would indicate the opportunity to "clear and start over" including tax tools or anything. It simply shows " "my expert" with no options but to share documents and try to connect with a tax expert. No i have not paid for anything and all i want to do is log into my account and do my taxes myself.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

With Turbo tax for 8 years and they have really fumbled the ball this time with Turbotax live

yep tried this and still doesnt work. 

I'm just going to switch to H&R Block. I can't believe that i have spent hours just trying to restart my return myself. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Not sure if you have tried this:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-remove-turbotax-live/00/27312

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

yep tried this and still doesnt work. 

I'm just going to switch to H&R Block. I can't believe that i have spent hours just trying to restart my return myself. 

Marshaf

me too cant get anyone to help

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

To remove Live Service, you can click on the link, in the payment summary, that says downgrade, or you can clear and start over. Please see this TurboTax FAQ, for more information, How do I remove TurboTax Live?

In your situation, because it shows "my expert", there won't be an option to downgrade. TurboTax is aware if this issue, please see this TurboTax article, for more information, Why am I unable to downgrade or schedule new appointment ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies