turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bencawen

You are telling me that on my 1099-R, there must be a locality for box 16a. On my 1099-R, there is no such box, and box 15 says "Health Benefits" and the number 4,046.14

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

You are telling me that on my 1099-R, there must be a locality for box 16a. On my 1099-R, there is no such box, and box 15 says "Health Benefits" and the number 4,046.14

If TurboTax is asking for an entry that does not exist on your tax form, then ignore it and move on. If you can't move on, try typing "none" in the blank to see if that makes the program happy.

Otherwise, try deleting the form using the instructions below, then re-enter it by hand.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288508

There will be a locality on your 1099-R only if your locality charges local tax. If it does not, then your form may omit that line. On most states' 1099-Rs, box 16 is blank.

The number in box 15 represents health premiums that you have paid. If you itemize deductions, you can list that amount under insurance premiums for Medical expenses. Otherwise, you can ignore that amount.

The format of your 1099-R is different from the norm. If you continue to have difficulty, write back.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies