turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT created '19 1040ES forms for me. Do I have to use those values? I am reasonably certain that our income will be less, by 33%, for '19?

The es forms created for us have payment amounts based on our '18 filing... but we know that we will be earning less for '19, but about 1/3... Can I pay estimates based on expectations rather than last years filling?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Ashby

TT created '19 1040ES forms for me. Do I have to use those values? I am reasonably certain that our income will be less, by 33%, for '19?

Yes, you absolutely can. The 1040ES vouchers are auto-generated by the program based on your latest tax filing. So, you need to use your own discretion. If you know income will be lower, then pay a lower amount. You can even use the same vouchers and write in the actual amount.

The generated forms are in no way required filings to the IRS.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ashby

Yes, you absolutely can. The 1040ES vouchers are auto-generated by the program based on your latest tax filing. So, you need to use your own discretion. If you know income will be lower, then pay a lower amount. You can even use the same vouchers and write in the actual amount.

The generated forms are in no way required filings to the IRS.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies