Solved: Where do I enter income shown on my 1099-S?

glemse

Where do I enter income shown on my 1099-S?

Where do I enter income shown on my 1099-S on my tax return?

bluedeb

Where do I enter Form 1099-S?

You may get a 1099-S if you sold your home, a rental property, stock in a co-op or any other real estate, including land, permanent structures, or standing timber on your land.

Sale of your main home

If the 1099-S was for the sale of your main home, it’s reported under Less Common Income in the Wages & Income section. Here's how to enter the form:

• Open or continue your return.
  • Type sale of home in the Search box.
  • Select the Jump to link in the search results.
  • Follow the screens to enter the info from your 1099-S.

Profits of up to $250,000 ($500,000 on a joint return) on the sale of your home may not be taxable if it was your primary residence for two of the last five years. We’ll ask you some questions about the sale of your home to see if you qualify.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/where-do-i-enter-form-1099-s/00/26218

bluedeb

Where do I enter Form 1099-S?

Sale of your main home

• Open or continue your return.
  • Type sale of home in the Search box.

kevindock

I sold a rental property but did not receive a 1099-S. Do I need to get a 1099-S?

@kevindock 

You should have a 1099-S they are required and is probably in amongst the pile of closing papers.  However even if you didn't get one  you will use the info on the HUD/closing statement and sell the rental by following the screens in the rental asset section. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1933977-i-sold-my-rental-property-how-do-i-report-that?jump_to=ans...