turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

winnick21

Where can I find the details of the amount in TT on 1040 Line 2a for 2018 return? The amount exceeds the amount I entered for tax-free Interest Income from 1099Int.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Where can I find the details of the amount in TT on 1040 Line 2a for 2018 return? The amount exceeds the amount I entered for tax-free Interest Income from 1099Int.

Tax-exempt interest can come from many different sources.  If you are using desktop software, you can use Forms Mode to see the details of the entries on your tax return.  Find your 1040 in the forms list and click on the amount on line 2a.  You will see a small magnifying glass and a link to ''go to supporting form''.   Double-click that icon to see the referenced entry.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Interest can come from any 1099 you imported.  Or from a K-1 you entered.  Oh, also from a 1099Div box 11
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Tax-exempt interest can come from many different sources.  If you are using desktop software, you can use Forms Mode to see the details of the entries on your tax return.  Find your 1040 in the forms list and click on the amount on line 2a.  You will see a small magnifying glass and a link to ''go to supporting form''.   Double-click that icon to see the referenced entry.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies