ashley1239488

What do I do if I still haven't received my W-2 from a previous employer? I didn't have a change of address and he told me I had to pay him $20 for a new one?

ColeenD3

The first thing you can do is report him to IRS. He is obligated to provide you with one.

1. Contact the IRS If you do not receive your W-2 by February 14th, contact the IRS for assistance at 800-829-1040. When you call, you must provide your name, address, city and state, including zip code, Social Security number, phone number and have the following information:
  • Employer’s name, address, city and state, including zip code and phone number
  • Dates of employment
  • An estimate of the wages you earned, the federal income tax withheld, and when you worked for that employer during 2019 The estimate should be based on year-to-date information from your final pay stub or leave-and-earnings statement, if possible.

In the event you don't receive one, you can file a substitute W-2 using your last pay stub.  This is reported on Form 4852. TurboTax will walk you through any descriptions that need to be typed and advise you to send the form to the Social Security Administration.

Options:

• They're not exact copies, but they contain everything on your W-2 except the state and local information.

ColeenD3

• Dates of employment

Options:

fanfare

pay the 20 bucks.